Deadline for Entries:
Winter – March 31st
Spring – June 30th
Summer – September 30th
Fall – December 31st
You must submit a separate entry order for EACH lyric you enter.
Read the following song contest rules carefully. Signing the entry form signifies that you have read and agreed to all contest rules.
- The DSA Lyric Contest is open to any lyricist.
- Judges and their families are not eligible to enter.
- Enter as many lyrics as you like HOWEVER, you must send an online entry, or entry form, fee, & lyrics TYPED for each entry (Sorry, no handwritten lyrics will be accepted.) EACH LYRIC CAN ONLY WIN FIRST PLACE ONE TIME. There are no categories, however, intended genre(s) for lyric submitted is suggested to guide judge’s critique.
- All entries must be received by no later than midnight on the deadline date. DSA is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected entries.
- Entry material WILL NOT BE RETURNED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. DO NOT SEND YOUR ONLY COPY OR S.A.S.E.
- The decision of the judges if final!
- Entrants agree that if their song is a winner of any prize in the contest, the sponsors, submission partners, and DSA will have the right to the use of their names and likeness for purposes of trade in connection with the Contest, and reprint the winning lyrics in the DSA “Songwriters Notes” newsletter and/or website. By accepting the prize, winner releases DSA of any and all liability regarding prizes awarded. All warranties and performance of services promised are the sole responsibility of the sponsors providing such service.
- Entrants retain all publishing and copyrights to their lyric(s).
- Entries may not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of a third party. By signing the entry form, the entrant agrees to release DSA from any and all liability for copyright infringement of any entry submitted by entrant.
- Lyrics of previous first prize winning songs of any DSA sponsored annual song or lyric contest are excluded.
Mail entries with check, or money order, VISA or MasterCard number w/Exp date can be sent to:
Dallas Songwriters Association
Sammons Center For the Arts
3630 Harry Hines Blvd. Box 20
Dallas, Texas 75219